More threads by Dustybones

Reaction score
As of Oct 2, Google is now under the umbrella of Alphabet. So, what is the difference?

What's the difference between Google and Alphabet?

On 2 October, 11 years after its creation, Google officially became a subsidiary of a new holding company called Alphabet. The Google brand remains dedicated to internet-related products and services, while other projects have been spun off into their own companies under the Alphabet umbrella.

Head over to read the rest.

Thanks K.G ORPHANIDES for the info!

What do you think???

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Thanks Justin. I'm interested in reading when I can because I still don't get Google and Alphabet. I mean I do in concept I guess, but could use some more insights!

Hi Scott...Sorry, had to step away...funny, I totally heard you saying " Heeeee's Baaack" through a fan.....lol.

My understanding was that...

• Google becomes a part of Alphabet.
  • Everything internet-related (search, Gmail, etc.) would stay under Google.
  • Products outside of Google (glucose-sensing contact lenses, self-driving cars, etc.) would be just under Alphabet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom