More threads by 1moreroom.co.uk

My gut is telling me a few things might be happening. First, You have not built enough trust with Google like Colan mentioned. I also think that you might be triggering some sort of filter because you are using the domain name as the business Name. Google is vague in this area. Google says, "Your name must not include: ...website URLs, unless they reflect your business’s consistently used and recognized real world representation.", but then say "Not acceptable: "Airport Direct 1-888-557-8953", "webuyanycar.com". When searching other GMB pages that are using a domain for the official name I find all pages hide the address.

Another thing I noticed on your site is that you have no address showing on the website and the Google Map on your contact page has you in Horsebridge which is 20 miles away. I would bring some consistancy between your website and GMB page.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had this experience with using a domain name as the official name and showing the address as a local business.

Last edited:
My gut is telling me a few things might be happening. First, You have not built enough trust with Google like Colan mentioned. I also think that you might be triggering some sort of filter because you are using the domain name as the business Name. Google is vague in this area. Google says, "Your name must not include: ...website URLs, unless they reflect your business?s consistently used and recognized real world representation.", but then say "Not acceptable: "Airport Direct 1-888-557-8953", "webuyanycar.com". When searching other GMB pages that are using a domain for the official name I find all pages hide the address.

Another thing I noticed on your site is that you have no address showing on the website and the Google Map on your contact page has you in Horsebridge which is 20 miles away. I would bring some consistancy between your website and GMB page.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had this experience with using a domain name as the official name and showing the address as a local business.

Dustybones thank you.

It looks like this is going to be a bit of pain in the ass. Its becoming one of those things that I wish was aware of when branding/naming the business.

I will make the changes to my site reference the map, that sounds like a great idea to me.

Very interested to hear from others with regards to their experience of showing the address as a local business if the business is a domain name.

Now I got to work out how make it work, I would add a lol to the end, but that appropriate :/

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom