More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Nyagoslav over at Whitespark, tells a long winding tale that illustrates why sometimes our job title in this industry should be "Local Search Detective".

<a href="http://www.whitespark.ca/blog/post/40-unravelling-the-mystery-of-bad-nap-data">Unravelling the Mystery of Bad NAP Data</a>
(Just a snippet - so click the link to read full post.)

Incorrect business information online is much more frequently encountered than correct business information online, and one of the main reasons for this is the way the business data flows through the ecosystem.

Problems with the Business Data Exchange System

Business data flows unidirectionally ? from a small oligopoly of business data providers to an enormous number of online platforms ranging from GPS navigation systems, through Internet yellow pages (IYPs), to mobile applications of any sort. Unfortunately, the technological and data-exchange-related relationships between the business data providers and the business data receivers are not always as straightforward as everyone interested in finding correct business information online would have liked them to be. There are two main issues:

What do you think???

Great post as usual. I learn something new every time I read something from Nyaglosav. Thanks!

Thanks for the post!! It is very interesting to see where data comes from and how it travels around. I just wish it were a little bit easier to remove the bad data once it's found.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom