More threads by officialryguy1

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some solid help on updating Google My Business business descriptions for hotels. There is no actual field in GMB for this, when looking at a hotel categorized business. You can write a description to be displayed under almost every other type of business category that I have seen – just not hotels.

It's been something I have known for sometime, but with the release of Google Hotels, my client is eagerly looking for a way we can influence what is being written here. I am to understand these descriptions are machine-learned/written so does anyone have any tips for getting GMB to update quickly. I am assuming it would be changing Expedia, TripAdvisor and other sources that metasearch might be using to display hotel room pricing and availability but this is speculation at this point.

Hi,

Yes, the descriptions are sourced from third-party sites like Expedia. Recently, I had to change a hotel description because it mentioned gym whereas the resort had no gym. It was incorrect information.

So I reached out to GMB support on Twitter and asked them to remove this part. After 15-20 days they removed it.

Read how Google restrict hotels online presence: https://onlineownership.com/how-google-exploits-the-hospitality-industry-for-profit/

Hi,

Yes, the descriptions are sourced from third-party sites like Expedia. Recently, I had to change a hotel description because it mentioned gym whereas the resort had no gym. It was incorrect information.

So I reached out to GMB support on Twitter and asked them to remove this part. After 15-20 days they removed it.

Read how Google restrict hotels online presence: https://onlineownership.com/how-google-exploits-the-hospitality-industry-for-profit/
Hmm, I have not had the same luck with GMB Support, they have told me to update third-party sites and "soon" Googe will reindex and rewrite a description for them.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom