More threads by joonseo

joonseo

Reaction score
I noticed on the Google organic search some people are using bold page titles and it shows on the organic search results. Is that okay to do or is that a no no.

@joonseo, I don't see the harm. Google rewrites title tags constantly anyway. If Google doesn't like it, Google will change it.

So actual bold page titles in the SERPs? Never seen that... Wonder how they do that, doubt it will be as simple as <title><b>Title</b></title> :unsure:

Cool, that would definitely increase CTR I reckon. I doubt Google will be able to recognize the keywords in the title though

This is cool. Does it affect the accessibility aspect I wonder?

Another way to increase CTR is emojis. They still work in both title tag and meta description. Of course, use responsibly. Every little bit helps to stand out in a sea of text.

Hey Guys,

I have been testing this and will be publishing my findings but I would advise against it because unicode does not show on all device types. Someone actually tweeted to me because they saw the unicode and couldn't read it. Here is how it shows up on a Chromebook:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom