More threads by ABuck

ABuck

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a client who has come up with a new Maps listing with a wrong address and phone number on it. The correct listing is claimed/verified in GMB and shows correct info in Maps and Kowledge Panel. We started with "Suggest an Edit" in Maps to remove the listing from Maps, and then it ended up showing up unverified in the GMB along with the verified listing. My question is - should we verify and mark as permanently closed, which I feel gives credence to the wrong address, or should we just remove the listing, which would mean it still is just out there floating around, OR should we wait on the Suggest an Edit to see if that makes the listing disappear?

Thanks Colan, I should have been more clear - that is what we did. I've done it a few times. I am wondering if these edits are lagging behind because of work-from-home at Google.

Gotcha. Yes, suggest an edit can take some time to push through. Try having a few others submit the edit as well. If that doesn't work, contact GMB support.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom