More threads by JoF

JoF

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have a client who provides services in clients homes across three UK counties. At present he uses his registered business address (which is also his home address) on all his online and print materials. This address is roughly in the middle of his area of operation, in a small town. However, he wants to predominantly target people living in a nearby city with a much larger population. Would it breach Google's terms and conditions if he set up a virtual office and changed his address on all his marketing to an address located in the nearby City? Any telephone calls either go to him, or his telephone support service during office hours.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Hi Rich,
I've always followed the same practice that the Virtual Office was a bad thing, and I remember Google specifically stated it at one point, but looking on the terms currently, I'm not seeing any mention of "virtual" - Guidelines for representing your business on Google - Google My Business Help

Anyone have a link to the document that shows Google doesn't want Virtual Offices to be used in Google Business? I know it's out there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it as of yet.

There is this line at the top of the document linked above:
"Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are. "

And while "physical location that customers can visit" may sound like the Virtual Office situation, there are some Virtual Office locations that do allow use of conference rooms etc as part of your monthly payment. So "technically" you DO have a physical location that you can meet clients, should you schedule one for that location.

Myself, I rent two physical offices at a Regus facility (one for me, one for my wife). After having a physical storefront (1400 sq. ft.), we decided to downsize to just the two of us and no longer needed a huge space. Still paying nearly the same in rent, but less responsibility if the A/C unit fails ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom