More threads by Jeffrey

@pony there's been quite a bit of research done in this area... the most used words are typically action related words such as "stop", "turn down", "next", etc...

But for queries, and business / commercial type queries for you to optimize for in your business, are searches that would be considered "long tail" statements or questions...

For example, go to this site: AnswerThePublic: that free visual keyword research & content ideas tool

And just type something like "dentist".

Then when the results load, go to the "Questions" in the results and just start clicking and opening up the questions that start with things like "how", "why", "what", etc...

Almost 100% (not quite, but almost) will have a paragraph snippet answer.

If you did the same search on mobile, these paragraph snippet answers would be the voice search results from Google.

Go ahead and try that site, but then try your own topics (products, services, business category, etc...) and see what you get.

Then post back here and let me know!

Hi @pony -- some other interesting tidbits on voice search that I thought about and found info on today.

1) the majority (80th+ percentile) are searches in the form of questions

2) other research has shown that 20%+ of voice searches are triggered from only 25 total words / phrases (again... questions).

Here's an interesting chart that helps illustrate this point... as you can see, the top 10 trigger words imply questions and inquiries are being made in the form of voice search queries.

voice-search.jpg

I hope this was helpful!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom