More threads by Raph2805

Raph2805

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi All,

Newbie here and my first post!

Other than within Search Console can anyone recommend any other ways to get a page on my website crawled and indexed pretty quickly?

Within the Search Console I’ve used the submit sitemap and the Url inspection to crawl and index the page. Both done on 26th July and they have still not been crawled as of today 15th August.

Thanks in advance!

Best

Raph

That's not very long in Google time, especially in view of their recent database issues which prevented indexing of new pages (started Friday Aug 9; reported fixed by Aug 12).

Is this a new site? or just new pages on an older site?

Thanks for responding so quickly!

Old site (6 years old) New Page.

Make an optimized video for the page, and upload it to your YT channel. Put a link to the page in the description. (First Sentence ), and place the video into an optimized playlist. Finally, embed the video on your site page and share the link to your playlist, on the page, under the embedded video. It will get indexed, and it will rank if done correctly.

Odd, because when I submit a new url through the SC Inspection tool, it gets crawled and indexed within minutes usually. If not new, then it can take days.

If you submit with the inspection tool again, does it tell you that the url is not on Google still?

1565880258251.png

Are you sure it isn't indexed and just not ranking well?
You've done the right steps. If you didn't have GSC access, I usually submit the URL to Google's speed test or share it on Twitter or Facebook and it seems to get picked up pretty quickly.

@Raph2805, you'll want to lay down more internal links. Add it to the main nav (maybe under a submenu), and scour the site for mentions of your service or product (or whatever the page is about) and link at least a few of them to your new page. Also, if the page is of interest to more than a tiny minority of visitors, you'll probably want to link to it in the footer.

It's helpful to have several trails of breadcrumbs. Even if your page is indexed OK, in which case you'll probably need to do that if you want the page to rank for anything.

If it's not thin content or copied content then it is odd it isn't indexed. Page quality issue I would imagine.

Someone mentioned it could be indexed. The easiest way to check is just do a site: check. You can also inspect using GSC to see what it says.

Thanks guys! Will try one or two of these and see what happens!

I second what @Yan Gilbert wrote: I find crawl requests (and similarly old URL removal requests) happen quickly. To put a number on it, I'd say <12 hours. I did a bunch yesterday and all went through the same day. (Of course, backlogs and problems are always a possibility.)

To add to the comment @JoshuaMackens wrote: you can do a "site:" search for a specific page. For example, to see if Google has indexed the page example.com/some-page/ search for "site:example.com/some-page/"

Finally, you can get Google to recrawl the website by resubmitting the sitemap in Search Console or by pointing Google at your sitemap by putting this into your browser address bar: "https://www.google.com/ping?sitemap=example.com/sitemap.xml"

That's not very long in Google time, especially in view of their recent database issues which prevented indexing of new pages (started Friday Aug 9; reported fixed by Aug 12).

Is this a new site? or just new pages on an older site?

Hi! and if its a new site? whats the best practice beside search console? One of my client is launching their new site (thousands of pages).

What would you recommend? Any suggestion is appreciate

TIA

Go to the search console and submit a sitemap there. That will kick start Googlebot.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom