More threads by LauraY

LauraY

Reaction score
I currently use Moz Local, but it's proven to be very difficult to change information. There always seems to be some sort of excuse, mostly for you to buy more subscriptions. Is there a service you like to use, maybe Bright Local or WhiteSpark? Yext is a bit too pricey for my taste.

Yext doesn't do the aggregators. I'm a fan of Whitespark's approach because it's my company and I'm completely biased :)

But also because it's more than just "data aggregator submissions". We do a deep dive to dig up any old variations of the business' name, address, or phone number, then clean up any incorrect listings, remove duplicates, AND submit if you're not listed. Also, it's a one time fee instead of a recurring fee.

@whitespark- 5/5 would leave your answer a positive review on Yelp.

@LauraY- Can I ask why you'd like to modify the address? Is there just an incorrect listing, which would prompt a single, maybe even a couple, changes? Or is this a scenario where the business is moving, and you need to change a large amount of NAP information?

Your answer would influence how I'd recommend going about fixing the problem.

@CraigJMount One scenario is a client that wanted to move all their client facing addresses to a new storefront without "closing" the other address down. The other scenario is my own company is rebranding, so all citations need to be changed.

@LauraY - nice to meet you.

We're not really meant to talk about our own services on here, but as you mentioned BrightLocal & Whitespark specifically I hope the moderators allow a little info sharing.

In a nutshell we submit to all 4 aggregators. Like Moz you pay an annual fee (currently $55) which gives you the ability to amend & edit your data for free for 12 months. We don't automatically renew your listings after 12 months so you’re free to decide if you want to continue managing your data through us - if you do then we'll renew the listings for you with the aggs.

Prior to submitting/editing your data, we double check the data you give us for accuracy and completeness - compare vs GMB & client website. If there are any data points that we think are incorrect we confirm these with you by email to ensure the data is 100% accurate. We always check for existing listings on each of the aggregators and we can apply to take over existing listings that are managed by Moz. We can also take care of any dupe listings and get these removed.

Happy to answer any further questions you have. Thanks (sorry LSF mods if this is too much info!)

Wow, both WhiteSpark and BrightLocal founders responded to me! That's quite awesome. I appreciate both your answers and will consider both equally. Unless you want to fight it out. JK.

Haha...i think Darren would win...have you seen his guns?!

We are both very passionate about local search and providing a great service - the result is two high quality services that agencies & SMBs can use to help them improve their local visibility and win new customers.

Yext doesn't do the aggregators. I'm a fan of Whitespark's approach because it's my company and I'm completely biased :)

But also because it's more than just "data aggregator submissions". We do a deep dive to dig up any old variations of the business' name, address, or phone number, then clean up any incorrect listings, remove duplicates, AND submit if you're not listed. Also, it's a one time fee instead of a recurring fee.

Apparently Yext does do aggregators, they just don't advertise it. There's a thread on it somewhere in the forum from this week.

Also, could you share a little more insight into how Whitespark handles data aggregators? Like Myles did with BL?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom