More threads by Dino

What's the pricing on that?

He's talking about when blog commenting to build backlinks was a big deal. Basically you find websites that allow comments on their blog posts and you post a comment that is useful but also has a backlink in it to your website. I imagine he's talking about companies that did that same thing but instead of a backlink they posted a citation instead. Just my guess.
Blog comments are a spammer version, but I was referring to forum replies where people ask questions etc.

I would manually change all major listings (Google, Facebook, Bing, Yelp & Apple Maps) and use Moz Local for the rest.
I agree. I suggest Moz Local for ALL my new clients. at $99 you can't beat it. Once GMB is setup I just include it in my onboarding. If you start with them, even when/if you cancel next year, the aggregators are set. But $99 year why would you.

Blog comments are a spammer version, but I was referring to forum replies where people ask questions etc.

It would be the same thing. NAPW is not relevant to any forum conversation I would imagine. Most people resort to having it in their signature but it's not much better I would imagine.

Yext + Brightlocal would be a good strategy (totally in agreement on that one).

I think it's been mentioned before on the forum that if you don't want the analytics/reporting, or the ability to make instant changes to those 60+ sites, then you would use those two together. If it's a short term play, then you keep all the listings locked under Yext and then disable the sites one by one to then manually claim under BrightLocal.

I will say that I like having Yext for a client, especially if it's multi-location. Makes it easier to manage (not just the citation, but the additional reporting/features). It is more costly, and you do lose control over the listings if you end the service, so it all depends what the long term game plan is for the client (or temporary client).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom