More threads by Trackstar

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering does anyone know how to add businesses to Apple Maps.

Is it through the https://mapsconnect.apple.com/

And where Apple Maps gets it data for, when they add business listings to their maps? (specifically for Australia)

We have 350 stores (Australia) and we are looking to add them to Apple Maps. it appears some stores are appearing, but some with incorrect information or not appearing at all.

Does anyone know if Apple has a bulk upload feature like Google does with Google Places?

Thanks,
Chris

We've found that Yext, Factual, and Localeze are where they pull their main data from. They have a bulk upload option but it seems that it is only available to businesses with 1000+ locations.

Apple Maps also sources data and reviews from Yelp. In fact, I've found that the only way to get a service-area business onto Apple (which it doesn't allow) is to be listed on Yelp.

Apple Maps Connect, the business dashboard of Apple Maps, was just recently launched internationally, and is available to businesses in Australia:

Apple Maps Connect for small businesses expands beyond the U.S. | 9to5Mac

You could create or claim listings directly through there. However, you should also make sure the business listings are accurate across the business data providers for Apple Maps in Australia.

For Australia, Apple Maps source data from:

- Telstra, and most specifically their business data divison - Sensis (Yellowpages, Whitepages, Whereis).

- Yelp. And note that Yelp source data from Factual, so it is possible that Apple Maps contain indirect, or even direct data coming from Factual.

See here for reference:

Acknowledgements

Cheers,
Nyagoslav

Great information Nyagoslav, thanks for that!

(who said Telstra is no longer a monopoly in this country...)

this is great info thx guys. i found my number on fractrual, contacted them to have it removed, well see how long it takes

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom