More threads by mikepcservice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be trying to rank a new site soon. Regarding content, due to budget reasons, I will have a choice of getting either one weekly blog of 500 words or 2 bi-weekly blogs of 1000 words, which would be the better option please?

Google doesn’t use word count as a ranking factor. You can rank with 250 and not rank for 1000. I recommend weekly blogs that get published on the same day of the week. You will need to find the analytics behind what days do the week at what time content is shared more. For example, you want to avoid a Monday morning or Friday afternoon as content and social post get often overlooked.

I use a writer from Textbroker which has a tool in which you put a kw and it shows you a list of related kw's, their monthly searches and difficulty to rank for that kw. When I try to create an order for say 500 words for a high competition kw, it shows me that in order to rank for that kw I would need at least 1500 word count, are you saying that is hogwash?

While I am not familiar with Textbroker's service or tools, a very well known company came out with a similar tool. I was able to debunk by creating a piece of content on a completely unrelated website, and used links from Forum, blog comments and PBN's to rank position one and outrank the major brand. A properly optimized page, keyword in URL, Meta Title, description, images and H tags will definitely work to your and your client's advantage, especially when you consider link building, internal and external.

My belief is that more fresh and regular content is better but a lot of Marketers and articles on SEO in the past has always stressed the importance of longer word count.

The content is for the users not for the search engines. If I can write one paragraph to convey my message, then that's what I'll do. I also use the old principals I learned in High School of a 5 point essay. Opening, 3 supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion. It makes a nice little burger of content.

Well, this topic will be debated my many so best we move on. I appreciate your input/advice though.

Can you tell me what's the deal with H tags please, is the proper format to have one h1 as the title and all others as say h3's or rather the question should be, how do you know which h tags aside from the starting h1 google will prefer?

Longer (authoritative) content when done properly can attract more backlinks, so my thinking is that it's not the length, but the extra links that the page gets. It's difficult to disassociate the two factors sometimes.

BTW guys, is there a way to see my subscribed threads? When I click on my forum name then "Your Content", this shows only every post I have made and not a listing of all threads I have created.

BTW guys, is there a way to see my subscribed threads? When I click on my forum name then "Your Content", this shows only every post I have made and not a listing of all threads I have created.
No but the list of your posts will say either "post #" or "thread" after your name.

There may be an addon that will do this... I'll see what I can find.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom