Which is easier to rank? Claim existing listing or create new listing?

Landon

Hi everyone,

I have a client with 3 unclaimed listings. all with different addresses and none with the current address. none have reviews worth mentioning.

is it easier/faster to rank one of the existing listings so just claim one of the existing and update the address? or is it easier to just create/verify a totally new listing.

I'm thinking start clean but wanted to get the experts opinions if possible. Thanks in advance for your feedback/guidance.

Regards,
Landon

Three different addresses for old locations? Or three different variations on the same address? If the 3 addresses are for totally different locations, I'd make a new listing, and get the old 3 deleted. I think the value of reviews is over-rated. There are plenty of other factors that are much more important, such as NAP consistency.

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
There may be some ranking value in the age of the GMB listing. I would work with GMB support to merge them. If there are photos or reviews, the dates on those may give you some indication of age of each listing.

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: a promoted post by a Sterling Sky employee reviewing your product or service; this will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More information...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group