More threads by Ampere

Ampere

Reaction score
On my company's website I have a 5-star review button with link to my profile on Google, the link looks something like this:

Company Name - Google Search (fake link used for example)

On Chrome it takes me to a Google results looking page that has my company profile, and also opens up a little box int he middle that shows my reviews.

My question is if I should change that button's link to the new CompanyName - Google Search URL? That takes you to the Maps profile page instead of the basic Google results page profile. What do you think?

Short answer = Yes. Add /review/ at the end and someone can leave a review.
Thanks for the reply!

Sorry about the URL in the opening post, the forum parsed it to something different. I am talking about the new gDOTpageSLASHcompany URL.

I use the one with review at the end in my emailed receipts. It takes the customer directly to a dialog box in which they can leave a review, which works excellent.

But my concern is with the button on my website. I want customers to be able to view my reviews and company info when pressing that button, not be prompted to leave a review. The gDOTpage URL takes them to my company profile on the Maps page, but since I am a service area business I am not on the map. So that is why I was wondering if it was better to stick with the old fashioned company profile on the Google results page...

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this right.

Sorry about the URL in the opening post, the forum parsed it to something different. I am talking about the new gDOTpageSLASHcompany URL.

Apologies. I fixed this issue yesterday.

I want customers to be able to view my reviews and company info when pressing that button, not be prompted to leave a review.
  1. Do a search for your business.
  2. Click the "Write a review" link in the knowledge panel
  3. Copy the URL
  4. At the end of the URL, change ,3,,, to ,1,,, and then use that URL

1. Do a search for your business.
  2. Click the "Write a review" link in the knowledge panel
  3. Copy the URL
  4. At the end of the URL, change ,3,,, to ,1,,, and then use that URL
Thanks. That is actually exactly the URL that the button on my website uses right now.

I am wondering if I should change that to the newer G.page URL that takes them to my company profile and reviews on Maps instead of my company profile and reviews on the Results page like you URL you mentioned currently does.

I know of no way to have g.page highlight reviews.

@Ampere, if I understand your question, you just want website visitors to see your Google reviews, correct? So your original link is perfect. As you said, you're a service area business, no reason to send them to Maps.

@Ampere, if I understand your question, you just want website visitors to see your Google reviews, correct? So your original link is perfect. As you said, you're a service area business, no reason to send them to Maps.
Yes, that’s exactly what I was wondering.

The only reason why I thought it might be better to use the new link that Google gives you to Maps is because it’s actually something sanctioned/promoted by them and seems to work across all platforms. The link that I use now seems more like a hack and doesn’t work the same on all platforms.

I wouldn't call it a hack. But which platforms doesn't it work on?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom