More threads by davej1963

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a web designer who is in serious need of SEO training. I would prefer to do it at home with a study course. I need local SEO in particular. I design a lot of SMB sites and I think I'm not serving my clients well enough on the SEO side.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hello,

I'm a web designer who is in serious need of SEO training. I would prefer to do it at home with a study course. I need local SEO in particular. I design a lot of SMB sites and I think I'm not serving my clients well enough on the SEO side.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Contact Linda the women who runs this site. She is very good has a lot of great info. We hired her to do a private training for our entire staff.

Dean

Hello,

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Deanplumberseo are you a straightman for Linda? I think this part of Linda's covert marketing operation. LOL

If you are asking about resources, this is certainly a solid resource for local SEO. It's a very helpful community and it's probably one of the only forums where I see the owner of the forum contribute equally as much as the members of the community. To me, that speaks volumes about the dedication Linda has to Local SEO and how much she appreciates this community. And no, i'm not getting paid anything to plug this place...lol

Can SEO be learned? Absolutely! Is it an easy road? Most likely not. How much time it takes surely depends on you and how well you retain information. The most difficult part is finding trustworthy resources. There is A LOT of bad information out there in terms of SEO. (SEOChat Forums is a decent place to start. Read all the stickies first) Understand what on-page metrics have the most impact and learn about post-panda link building. Understand how to make the best landing pages you can and define clear conversion funnels for site visitors. If there is a book I recommend, Landing Page Optimization 1st & 2nd Editions by Tim Ash. Very few books out there that maintain relevancy over time and his books are one of them.

Get a basic understanding about SEO and ask specific questions instead of broad questions. They usually get the best responses. You'd be amazed at how much the designs you are creating impact the overall impression of the visitor.

We all started in the same place as you, don't forget that. It can be overwhelming at times but dredge through it. Good luck and you've come to a great place to get started.

Thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated!

Here's a little more info about my training too: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...intensive-advanced-google-local-training.html.

I have a hole in my training offering though so need a resource to refer folks to. I don't offer any basic training or G+ L 101 stuff at all. I'm getting more business owners and consultants just starting out and my training is too advanced and I carefully screen to be sure folks are pretty advanced and already have lots of hands on experience.

Does anyone know any good beginner training that really is up-to-date and follows best practices and the guidelines?

Deanplumberseo are you a straightman for Linda? I think this part of Linda's covert marketing operation. LOL

I get nothing out of telling you Linda is the go to resource for Local Marketing. And I only give credit if I feel that someone is the real deal. Speaking from experience, Linda knows her stuff. This site is an amazing free resource that helps the community like no other. If she uses it as a marketing tool, which I think she should then good for her. Building a community like this is hard and takes an extreme amount of knowledge, not just anyone can do that.

Linda knows her stuff, you asked for an opinion and I gave it to you, I would not use this resource if the info was all BS.

So what if someone can profit from their labor, that's what it's all about. If you have a skill set that is in demand and you can create a community around it that generates revenue for you. Go for it.

Hope that helps. :)

Contact Linda the women who runs this site. She is very good has a lot of great info. We hired her to do a private training for our entire staff.

Thanks for your follow up response Dean, but no worries. What you said in the 1st comment was not even a glowing testimonial or anything. You just mentioned I did training for you, which is true. I think Brian was just kidding around.

Thanks for your follow up response Dean, but no worries. What you said in the 1st comment was not even a glowing testimonial or anything. You just mentioned I did training for you, which is true. I think Brian was just kidding around.

I know he was, It looks like a defensive response but it was not really meant to be that way.

D:)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom