More threads by OmegaMan

Reaction score
Why would I lose ownership of my Business Page to a MANAGER I added a month ago ?

Ya sure it can be transferred back but I lose my FOLLOWERS and

Ive been the owner of my listing for 3+ years

Does anyone know how I can get this fixed ?

Link to your local Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/+OmegaLocksmith):
Business name (Omega Locksmith):
Business location: 4329 W. 26th St. Chicago, IL. USA
Business telephone (773-277-5625):
Business category (LOCKSMITH):
Website: Omega Locksmith Chicago - Replacement Car Keys- 24/7

I've seen this happening a lot lately.

Are you able to share a screenshot of your dashboard? Is there a message in there from Google?

dash.jpg

dash.jpg

Please provide a link showing us where that WHY link leads to.

It says likely guideline violations.

Plus as you know Locksmith listings are just extra touchy. I've often said if you have one I would not touch it if it's working. Any edit can cause the algo to come looking for compliance issues.

The potential benefit of MAYBE ranking higher in my opinion is not worth the risk of totally being suspended and having nothing.

Right now that's a stripped page that won't rank in local search or maps or show your 31 reviews.

Did you hire someone to optimize? Is that why you added a manager?

Are you sure they are a pro? Do you think they changed something that caused a problem?

The listing is still live and active Its just not under my GOOGLE gmail account

It was transferred to the MANAGERS g mail account

And from what I read on the Google help page I would've been the only one to be able to do that, But I didn't

I would get on the phone with support. They may be to shed some light on what happened and maybe can help you on the spot.

I'm having this same trouble with a client's listings. Called Google, they told me it was a system error and have escalated it. I got the feeling it's a known issue, even though I couldn't get her to elaborate. I should hear back in the next 36 hours.
Glad you reported your scenario - I was thinking it might be along the lines of what Linda was suggesting or because of a manual review on one of the pages. Seems it's more random than that.

Can you share the # please

THere is no number. To contact Google VIA phone support. Click this link during the hours stated below: https://support.google.com/business/#contact=1&topic=3450784

If you click during off hours you won't see it - but if you click during support hours there will be a "Call Us" button at the top.

Phone support hours are Monday - Friday, 1 AM - 5 PM PST

Please let us know what they say or do so we know in case this happens to anyone else.

I'm having this same trouble with a client's listings. Called Google, they told me it was a system error and have escalated it. I got the feeling it's a known issue, even though I couldn't get her to elaborate. I should hear back in the next 36 hours.
Glad you reported your scenario - I was thinking it might be along the lines of what Linda was suggesting or because of a manual review on one of the pages. Seems it's more random than that.

Yes we just escalated several of them at the G forum and told them we're seeing this enough that it seems there is a problem.

However since Jose has a locksmith listing, it's possible it's something else.

Again, not sure that both issues in this thread are due to the same issue...

But the broad issue of listings being disabled that we've been seeing, is being investigated by engineers so with luck a fix will be coming soon.

So hang tight and don't tweak anything right now.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom