More threads by austins36

austins36

Reaction score
I've recently started using Schema Pro more to implement schema onto my site, does anyone have any knowledge with this plugin? Can it hurt my site if done incorrectly or is it even the best route to take when trying to implement schema?

I've never used that one. Why did you go directly to a paid plugin or this specific one, if I may ask? There are a number of free plugins (many with the option of additional features in a pro version) listed at WordPress.org, including the Yoast SEO plugin which does several other things to help with SEO on WP sites:

For me, the benefit of using plugins, free or paid, is
  1. WordPress.org vets their plugins for compatibility and security vulnerabilities and will remove any that do not comply with their standards; and
  2. You get access to reviews from real world people using the plugin on real libe WP sites.
For those reasons, I would always recommend that you use plugins listed at WordPress.org.

Note: you probably shouldn't be running a standalone schema plugin if you have another one installed that already adds that feature.

It came with a bundle packaged I purchased, I have used free ones as well but in my situation, I choose the premium route.

What I want to know though is "with any schema plugin" is there any way of hurting your site by not properly doing it? By Properly I mean overdoing it, or maybe having micro info that is incorrect?

Example: Would it be bad to list a page as a local business and a service? or Website & Service?

John Mueller from that post:
Using multiple types of structured data on a page is fine. However, keep in mind that Google may not be able to display all types together, so if you have a preference regarding a specific rich result type, try to focus on that type.

One problem that I commonly see with many schema markups is that they use the typical LocalBusiness type. There’s nothing wrong with that in itself, but it doesn’t tell search engines much about what type of business it is or what it does. After all, a local business could describe a store, a plumbing company, a mechanic shop, a bowling alley, and so on.

Since the purpose of using structured data markup is to help search engines better understand your business, the first thing you should do is select the schema type that best describes your business. And there are many to choose from.

I've never used that one. Why did you go directly to a paid plugin or this specific one, if I may ask? There are a number of free plugins (many with the option of additional features in a pro version) listed at WordPress.org, including the Yoast SEO plugin which does several other things to help with SEO on WP sites:

For me, the benefit of using plugins, free or paid, is
  1. WordPress.org vets their plugins for compatibility and security vulnerabilities and will remove any that do not comply with their standards; and
  2. You get access to reviews from real world people using the plugin on real libe WP sites.
For those reasons, I would always recommend that you use plugins listed at WordPress.org.

Note: you probably shouldn't be running a standalone schema plugin if you have another one installed that already adds that feature.
Hi, i also have Schema pro plugin. I have noted results for my recipes are shown in SERPS. Is it too bad not show Recipes Instructions twice inside the post? I have this advice from Google Search Console and also when i Test Rich Snippets.

I don't want to add it with RankMath because i understand i could have problems in the future, i'm i right?

I think if i have a manual revision from Google i could get penalized!

By the way, sorry for my english..

If used according to Google's structured data guidelines you should be fine. I just had a client that used Schema Pro and it didn't work with their theme so I removed it and manually added the schema.

If used according to Google's structured data guidelines you should be fine. I just had a client that used Schema Pro and it didn't work with their theme so I removed it and manually added the schema.
Thanks for your answer my friend! Adding the schema manually should had been a lot of job! I've found Schema pro works very well with Astra theme. Other plugin i'll be testing for another webiste, will be WP Recipe maker!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom