More threads by Jordan Semingson

Reaction score
Branded searches for one of our medical groups display the logo and wikipedia information for an unrelated corporation. The brand names are similar but we don't have this issue on any other hospitals or groups. I've reported this through the feedback link in search for months but haven't seen any progress. Can anyone recommend solutions to resolve this?

• Our medical group is call Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group (locations are named with their city or neighborhood, ex. Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa). Searches using these location names often include a logo for Sharp Corporation (the multinational electronic products company).
  • Searches for our hospitals (ex. Sharp Memorial Hospital) do not have this issue.

SRS Mobile Search - Logo Issue.png.jpg

SRS Desktop Search - Logo Issue.png

Branded searches for one of our medical groups display the logo and wikipedia information for an unrelated corporation. The brand names are similar but we don't have this issue on any other hospitals or groups. I've reported this through the feedback link in search for months but haven't seen any progress. Can anyone recommend solutions to resolve this?

• Our medical group is call Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group (locations are named with their city or neighborhood, ex. Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa). Searches using these location names often include a logo for Sharp Corporation (the multinational electronic products company).
  • Searches for our hospitals (ex. Sharp Memorial Hospital) do not have this issue.

SRS Mobile Search - Logo Issue.png.jpg

SRS Desktop Search - Logo Issue.png

Does it only happen with this one location? How old is this location's GMB page?

I've never seen it happen on any of our listings except those that include Sharp Rees-Stealy. And it's not consistent. For example, I'll see the electronics logo on a mobile search for "sharp rees stealy la mesa" but not desktop. I don't know the exact age of the listings but Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa has 360 map images March 2015 and reviews from 2 years ago (2017). And Sharp Rees-Stealy La Mesa West has and 360 map photo from April 2011 and reviews from 2 years ago (2017).

The knowledge card and "about" section in the map pack include a link to the Sharp electronics Wikipedia page. Our medical group info is listed in a section for the Sharp HealthCare Wikipedia page (Sharp HealthCare - Wikipedia).

Crazy.

When I search for it on desktop, I don't see it. It seems like Google doesn't trust it enough to show it 100% of the time but trusts it enough to show it every once in awhile.

I don't see it on desktop but I do see it on mobile.

I don't think GMB support will help but I'd at least try them. Maybe getting others to report it as inaccurate would help. If you can help me replicate it on desktop I'll report it for you. I'm sure others on here would as well.

Hopefully someone drops by with a better solution. Sorry :/

I have had success in the past with marking up the correct logo with structured data on the website. Maybe it will help you as well?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom