More threads by sd1111

sd1111

Reaction score
One of my clients has been having big issues with their Apple Maps listing, despite it being claimed and Verified in Apple Business Connect.

The business was marked Permanently Closed, and they are getting panicked calls from customers who think they won't get their wedding dresses.

I also can't seem to get the website URL to update to the correct one, although it's entered in Business Connect.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 11.18.23 AM.jpg

I have submitted an Edit publicly and also a Support request, but Apple has been incredibly slow to respond.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

I personally haven't had any issues with our clients and their Apple Maps listings. I understand that Apple is heavily influenced by a handful of aggregators/directories such as Yelp, Foursquare and TripAdvisor. I did a quick check and there are at least two different listings for your client in Foursquare and there are at least two on Yelp. The two on Foursquare have different addresses, one appears to be a former address. The ones on Yelp have a current address and a slightly different name "La Jeune Mariee Maids & Social Occasions" with a different address and an expired website/domain. I did a search for your client on Apple Maps and see that is reported as closed however, the business name descirption showing on the "pin" says La Jeune Mariee Bridal Collection Grandview. Also when doing a partial search for "La Jeune Ma", Apple Maps shows two locations just like Yelp. You may want to consider doing a citation cleanup and duplicate removal using Brightlocal or Whitespark. Also, if you haven't already Also, you may want to have several other people report the incorrect information within Apple Maps

Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 9.52.28 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 9.52.14 AM.jpg

You can also suggest an edit from an iOs device - they almost always apply the changes you submit within a few days.

But I would definitely go for Jeff's recommendation.

I personally haven't had any issues with our clients and their Apple Maps listings. I understand that Apple is heavily influenced by a handful of aggregators/directories such as Yelp, Foursquare and TripAdvisor. I did a quick check and there are at least two different listings for your client in Foursquare and there are at least two on Yelp. The two on Foursquare have different addresses, one appears to be a former address. The ones on Yelp have a current address and a slightly different name "La Jeune Mariee Maids & Social Occasions" with a different address and an expired website/domain. I did a search for your client on Apple Maps and see that is reported as closed however, the business name descirption showing on the "pin" says La Jeune Mariee Bridal Collection Grandview. Also when doing a partial search for "La Jeune Ma", Apple Maps shows two locations just like Yelp. You may want to consider doing a citation cleanup and duplicate removal using Brightlocal or Whitespark. Also, if you haven't already Also, you may want to have several other people report the incorrect information within Apple Maps

Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 9.52.28 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 9.52.14 AM.jpg

@JeffClevelandTN Thank you for such a thorough review and analysis of this problem!

I had no idea about all the duplicate listings. We have been using SEMRush's Listing Management product for several months (since an address change), but I wonder if that has caused more harm than good?

*As an update to anyone referencing this thread later: Apple Business Connect Location Support did eventually get back to us after the client and I both submitted tickets selecting "Multiple things are wrong with this listing." The listing has been updated and accurate (and stayed that way) for 3 weeks now.
The best advice I'd give anyone else in this situation is to contact support and then be patient, even for urgent issues. Their support is at Apple Business Connect when you are logged in. Click your profile photo in the lower left corner and then "Support."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom