More threads by Andrew Shotland

One thing I've never seen is a "who's on first" map. All these maps are always coded by the top position for whichever GBP you're looking at. How about being able to select a couple GBPs and it colors the map regarding which of the GBPs has the highest position?

One thing I've never seen is a "who's on first" map. All these maps are always coded by the top position for whichever GBP you're looking at. How about being able to select a couple GBPs and it colors the map regarding which of the GBPs has the highest position?

We kind of do that. For example, here's a list of all GBPs that rank for 55 keywords within 25 mi. We list the total positions, the avg position and the total # of keywords.

It's hard to do a pure "this GBP is #1" unless you look at a very narrow geo and a single query. For example, the 2nd screenshot is for "dog oncologist" within 5 miles of the centroid. You can see 3 GBPs have a #1 ranking in various locations in that geo.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 10.48.48 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 10.51.35 AM.jpg

Very impressive. Didnt know LookerStudio was that flexible.

If possible, one thing that can help is if you can have a headmap of population density overlayed on the map. I am guessing more than the area, it is the population a GMB ranks for that provide actionable insights. It is also something we are exploring here at GMBEverywhere for our Teleport tool. Credible population data is tough though.

Great demo.

If possible, one thing that can help is if you can have a headmap of population density overlayed on the map. I am guessing more than the area, it is the population a GMB ranks for that provide actionable insights. It is also something we are exploring here at GMBEverywhere for our Teleport tool. Credible population data is tough though.

Great demo.

Interesting, I've never heard this angle before. I always thought of it in relation to pin density, which must be related to population. Cool concept, I've never heard anyone quantify is as targeting more population but ultimately we are. I'm going to start paying more attention to this.

Great demo.

Agreed. I love that feature in Apple Maps that kind of does this.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom