More threads by Rachelja

Rachelja

Reaction score
Hi,

When I search for our apartment community, Lynnewood Gardens in Google, a map result pops up with a misspelling of our name - Lynnwood Gardens. Not only that, but if you click into the name it doesn't show the correct address of our community. It doesn't show any address at all! It just says Lynnwood Gardens, Elkins Park, PA. We are a large community of over 1700 units and have visitors all the time. This is a huge issue for us.

We have no idea where this is pulling from. I've tried to edit the map and contacted google many times about this. They aren't changing it and we'd love to get this corrected asap. Would it help to get more citations?

Any other suggestions?

Lynnewood Gardens Map Errors.jpg

editing the map.jpg

This is a Google Maps issue, so citations will not fix this. Do you have a Google Business Profile listing for your business at the address you would want people to come to? If not you can always create a GBP profile (if you qualify), add the right name and address and hopefully that will show up instead of this G map locations.

You can also contact Google Maps support team to report this as a technical issue, do that here Google Cloud Platform

Thank you Elizabeth! We have a very strong GBP listing, that's why I'm surprised its happening.

I contacted Google support 2 weeks ago and keep on sending gentle (not) reminders but still nothing...

This Lynnewood Gardens is not a GBP, it's a named place in Google on the same level as a neighborhood. You cannot change this in any way whatsoever.

Thank you for responding!

You are right, but it's an inaccurate assumption on Google's part. There is no Lynnwood Gardens neighborhood. There IS a Lynnewood Gardens Rental Community.

Is there really no way at all? Does any specific department in Google deal with this? I tried to reach out to maps and they made it sound like they can change it, but they haven't done so.

Also, another reason it's not finding your profile is that your profile is literally not called "Lynnewood Gardens". It is, in fact, called "Lynnewood Gardens at Elkins Park" (although I cannot guarantee it would find it if the "at Elkins Park" part were dropped).

Is there really no way at all? Does any specific department in Google deal with this? I tried to reach out to maps and they made it sound like they can change it, but they haven't done so.

I would post this on the Google Maps community forum - the maps PEs there may be able to help you with a solution - Post a thread here

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom