Bradley Horowitz, co-founder of Google+ and now VP of Photos, Streams and Sharing recently did an interview with Steven Levy of Backchannel.

And while much of the interview focuses on Google's new darling "Photos", he gives some hints about G+.

Levy: OK, let me ask you — is Google Plus dead?

Horowitz: No, Google Plus is not dead. In fact, it’s got more signs of life than it’s had in some time.

And he points to the recently released "Collections" product as proof of life and commitment to expansion.

But he does say some products and features will be cut in the quote below.

Bradley Horowitz Says That Google Photos is Gmail for Your Images. And That Google Plus Is Not Dead… — Backchannel — Medium

Three and a half years into this journey, we’re looking at what the users are telling us Google Plus is good for, and doubling down on those uses. For instance, one particular use-case on Google Plus is people aligning around common interests. If I’m interested in astronomy and I want to meet other people interested in astronomy, we think we have a good solution — Collections, a new feature that we launched just two weeks ago. It’s the first in a series of pivots. We’re also moving aside the things that either belong as independent products, like photos, or eliminating things that we think aren’t working.

What things aren’t going to be there anymore?

I’m not going to divulge the product plans. You can connect a couple of the dots yourself and understand what is working and what isn’t working.

Head over to read the rest and to learn more about the vision for Photos and Collections,
but that's the main part about Google+ which is not dying, just morphing.

Long Live Google+

Name:  GoogleAnimate.gif
Views: 373
Size:  48.2 KB