Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My client sold his business, new owner wants Google+ Local username or passwords.

My client sold his restaurant business and now the new owner wants access to Website, Google+ Local and Google+ Page etc..

1. New owner does not want to do business with me.(doesn't care about SEO or how well the site is doing)
    2. Restaurant sale did not include Website, Google Places, Facebook, SEO (For the life of me, I don't know why)
    3. I did not have a contract with previous owner for my Wedesign and SEO services.(previous owner was a friend)

Should I just hand over everything to the new owner? He is a bit rude.

your help much appreciated

Marcelo

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My client sold his business, new owner wants Google+ Local username or passwords.

Off the top of my head, I would say no - don't just hand over the command codes. However, it depends on a few factors:

-What does your old client have to say about all of this? Or, what did he and the new owner agree on vis-a-vis the Google+Local page and site?

-Are you hosting the website currently, or is it hosted by a third party?

-Who owns the domain name?

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My client sold his business, new owner wants Google+ Local username or passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by latin_sydney View Post
    My client sold his restaurant business and now the new owner wants access to Website, Google+ Local and Google+ Page etc..

1. New owner does not want to do business with me.(doesn't care about SEO or how well the site is doing)
    2. Restaurant sale did not include Website, Google Places, Facebook, SEO (For the life of me, I don't know why)
    3. I did not have a contract with previous owner for my Wedesign and SEO services.(previous owner was a friend)

Should I just hand over everything to the new owner? He is a bit rude.

your help much appreciated

Marcelo
    On #3 you did have a contract (albeit a verbal one) otherwise you'd be violating Google's impersonation policies if you claimed business listings for the business.

RE #2 do you have the entire scope of the contract/agreement to sell the business? If the language includes wording that pertains to business operations or 3rd parties then depending on the text you may have to give over the keys. Just because SEO isn't specificially mentioned (which they should be to avoid confusion) they could be covered by the sale. I wouldn't until you see the entire agreement and speak with your friend.

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, yes, I would just hand it all over. If we're talking legally here, you may have a foot to stand on (but you still may not). If we're talking about professionally, I'd rather just give it all up and move on. Not worth having your name drug through the mud potentially and the internet property you're talking about won't make you any money anyway.

Your call though.