More threads by norr9075

norr9075

Reaction score
Good afternoon friends.

There is a competitor in the same industry that I'm in, that has managed to get around the proximity search ( near me ) by adding his business in 3 different residential locations. ( my location is a physical commercial store front location )with no outside signage, I thought this was against Google policy?

I have filled out the business redressal complaint form, but google still has not removed their listing.

I'm not trying to be annoying, but everyone should have a level playing field.

Any recommendations?

Have you tried suggesting an edit (SAE) to mark the location as "not open to the public"? Do that with a few Google accounts, try to get some Local Guide accounts to do this too. See how to do that here Mark a place reopened or closed on Google Maps - Google Maps Help

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.43.10 PM.jpg

It gives you the option to add a photo, which can definitely help BUT keep in mind it will post the photo to the GBP you are trying to edit and the owner of that GBP will see it was you (or whoever) that posted the photo/suggested the edit, which could lead to issues....

Try that and if that does not work, submit another redressal form and tell them SAE did not work. Sometimes it takes a few redressal forms before Google takes action. Personally, I have had more luck with SAE compared to redressal form on issues like this.

Have you tried suggesting an edit (SAE) to mark the location as "not open to the public"? Do that with a few Google accounts, try to get some Local Guide accounts to do this too. See how to do that here Mark a place reopened or closed on Google Maps - Google Maps Help

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.43.10 PM.jpg

It gives you the option to add a photo, which can definitely help BUT keep in mind it will post the photo to the GBP you are trying to edit and the owner of that GBP will see it was you (or whoever) that posted the photo/suggested the edit, which could lead to issues....

Try that and if that does not work, submit another redressal form and tell them SAE did not work. Sometimes it takes a few redressal forms before Google takes action. Personally, I have had more luck with SAE compared to redressal form on issues like this.

Thank you for those tips, I have done what you said and will wait, how Long does it usually take when you submit a SAE?

Thank you for those tips, I have done what you said and will wait, how Long does it usually take when you submit a SAE?
Hello Friends,

So far no luck, I have used the SAE with 3 or 4 different personal accounts, and their listing is still live, any other suggestions?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom