34 Experts Share Their #1 Actionable Local SEO Tip

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
I thought I'd share this article since so many of our regular forum members were contributors.

<a href="http://seosherpa.com/local-seo/">Local SEO: 30+ Experts Reveal Their No.1 (Actionable) Tip</a>

Personally, my favorite tip was from Myles Anderson who talked about how they use HotJar to figure out where users drop off their site.

What was yours?

Linda Buquet

Thanks Joy. Psychic again! I was going to share today too so I appreciate you getting the ball rolling.

How about that last tip??????

<a href="http://seosherpa.com/local-seo/">Local SEO: 30+ Experts Reveal Their No.1 (Actionable) Tip</a>

How To Influence Google Suggest With 1 Cent Bank Deposits

Find a common pattern in the bank account format of local numbers for the most common banks.

Google and scrape each variant...
Next, generate a batch transaction file.

Send everyone variant you have scraped 1 cent with your target search query in your transaction description.

For example: Dan used “SEO DEJAN.”

A portion of these people will research the transaction to see what’s going on. The searches will be from random IP addresses and devices.

You’re now spiking popularity and demand of a local query of your choice. This will influence Google Suggest, Related Queries and Local Signals.

Gray, black, dirty or downright illegal?
Seems like a good way to get in big trouble with banks to me!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
WOW. I totally missed that one. Must have stopped at #33. That's insane. Too risky for my taste.

I know, I can't believe the article author decided to include that last one, that's nuts. It's interesting from a test-perspective (hey, sometimes it's worth it to do something a little nuts on a personal project to get useful data) but I can't imagine anyone anywhere ever thinking that's a good idea to do for a client. Even if you were to try and replicate it, there are way more acceptable (as in: won't get you flagged by the FBI) methods a person could come up with to get a few hundred searches coming in over the month from local unique IPs, if manipulating the suggestion box was a goal.

My favorite tip was hot jar too, I'll have to check them out.

heckler

Forum Member
That last one is great. It's some next-level meta stuff, not sure how practical it is, but certainly interesting.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group