More threads by Priya Chandra

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been posted already, but I just saw this interesting post over at Search Engine Journal

Search for YouTube Videos By Location With New Third Party Tool

Ever wanted to know what people in your local area are publishing to YouTube? Now you can with this third party tool designed to find YouTube vids by location.

The third party tool was designed using Google's and YouTube's APIs and allows you to search for videos in YouTube by location, date uploaded and keywords.

It's a nifty little tool - here's what I got searching for 'Adelaide' as the location and 'dentist' as a keyword:

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 7.55.37 PM.jpg

Clicking on one of the pins takes you straight to the YouTube channel for that business.

Obviously not all customers are likely to be using this tool to find your business but I do think it is something to be aware of - geo-coding your videos now could result in significant traffic down the track as more of these tools become available and mainstream.

What do you think?

<meta property="og:type" content="article"><meta property="og:title" content=""><meta property="og:description" content="">
<meta property="og:image" content="">

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 7.55.37 PM.jpg

Love that! Thanks so much for sharing Priya!

Could be helpful for competitive research to see what kind of content the other guys in your market are putting out.

Thanks for the share Priya! I like learning languages as a side-hobby, so that'd help out a lot when looking for interesting fodder to practice with.

More importantly though (or profitably) I second Linda's idea, this'll be helpful for doing competitive research to see what others in the market are doing.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom