More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm seeing this on every listing today so far that has messaging enabled on their Google Business Profile, with the exception of SABs (listings with the address hidden). Are you guys seeing it as well?

1695667739983.jpg

<

1695826686518.png

I'm seeing it for the profile you show in french. I can't trigger it for local Quebec profiles, though, even those who explicitly have messaging active, so if this is connected to the GBP live messaging option, it appears to be restricted geographically in some way.

Yes, I can see it too, but I have the impression that it depends on the Google account because I don't see it from other accounts on the same profile. Maybe it's tests? Once the option appeared on the desktop.

2023-09-27_20-05.jpg

Are you still seeing them, Joy? I just checked and I'm not seeing anymore on your exemple in English... but in French it's still there 😵‍💫

I haven't enabled SMS notifications for any listings so I'm not sure. Is there not a clear option to change it once you set it up?

I cant see any chat . Is it available only in some countries?

I think the feature is visible to all for the GBPs that have it active, but not applied to all GBPs owners with GBP chat. It may be in partial/slow deployment. It took almost two months before social profiles editing was available to all accounts. As far as I can tell, Quebec GBPs do not have it enabled yet.

Hi Everyone, looking for some advice here. Our client has 3 profiles under the same company - different locations. One location has the option for the AI chat and the other two have the call option. Messaging is turned on for every profile but we never chose the chat option for that one profile. I'm guessing Google is testing the chat option on its own.

The problem is - our client is a moving company and when interacted with, the AI chat is quoting prices that are innacurate and referring the customer to other moving companies?

This is definitely not something that we want. I can't find an option to turn off messaging either. When I open "Messaging" on the profile with chat, I'm prompted to "Check LeadConnector to respond to customer messages." (please see attached photo) where I usually would have the option to edit the messaging settings.

Then when I google LeadConnector, it seems like a third party app our client must've set up and connected to Google but they claim they didn't.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Any help is much appreciated!

2024-04-22_17-40-44.jpg

image (52).jpg

image (51).jpg

This seems really odd. I don't even think "ai" can respond to messages? I thought it was all users chatting. Are you sure there aren't other individuals who have access to this profile that you didn't realize? I would do a thorough audit of who is listed as a manager/owner and look for profiles with that picture.

@AaronWeiche you ever heard of this?

This seems really odd. I don't even think "ai" can respond to messages? I thought it was all users chatting. Are you sure there aren't other individuals who have access to this profile that you didn't realize? I would do a thorough audit of who is listed as a manager/owner and look for profiles with that picture.

@AaronWeiche you ever heard of this?

Thank you for your reply Joy! We've found out our client worked with a previous marketing company (GoHighLevel) who set up the ai chat. Now we're working on seperating the platforms and disabling the bot.

Ah, that makes sense. I was about to say I don't think Google uses AI in chat whatsoever on business profiles but other 3rd parties can.

So this is not coming from Google but yet a third party application?
Correct. 3rd party chat platforms like Leadferno (cc @AaronWeiche ) can connect to GBPs and you can use the feature directly inside the 3rd party platform.

I didn't know there were ones that were already using AI. We use Leadferno and I would personally be a bit hesitant to activate an AI feature even if they had one.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom