More threads by Matt Chauhan

Matt Chauhan

Reaction score
In the case of home-based GBP's, can we update the business address? A client used his parent's home address to verify his GBP and hid the address since they are an SAB. But that address doesn't cover their target territory. I know that if we set up a grid report for them, we will have to use their parent's address as the center point in the report to track their rankings. Is it possible to update their address in GBP, reverify it, and then hide the address again? How does it work? Is it even possible to do so?

It's what I'm currently advising based on all the bugs I have seen and Google's inability to understand that SABs can move. We have a video coming out in a few weeks about it on our YouTube channel.

It's what I'm currently advising based on all the bugs I have seen and Google's inability to understand that SABs can move. We have a video coming out in a few weeks about it on our YouTube channel.

This is very well noted. Now, in our case, the address used by our client in his GBP is in North Carolina. He is currently residing in South Carolina. If we check Google Maps, a large part of the client's target region is covered with his South Carolina address, but surprisingly, all his target zip codes fall within North Carolina (Weird Geography). Shall we go ahead and create a new listing using his South Carolina address and follow the steps you mentioned above? Will Google be confused about it (The address being in SC but target zip codes in NC)?

I'm not sure if that would result in the desired outcome. If you wanted him to rank in North Carolina, you'd want an address in North Carolina.

@JoyHawkins just curious, what exactly do you see happening if an SAB moved to a new house and submitted an address change? Are they getting suspended and having to go through reinstatement?

And if they create a new listing for the same business, Google is easily moving reviews over?

No, they continue to rank in the old area due to a technical issue that has been ongoing for years.

I wouldn't say Google "easily" does anything, but yes, we have been successful at getting reviews moved.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom