FACEBOOK Ads Hack Warning: Check your ads accounts!

HurricaneK8

Forum Member
Just wanted to give anyone who does Facebook ads for clients a heads-up. We had one of our accounts hacked into and ads run out of it, on our company credit-cards dime. The ads were to a spammy site, surprise surprise. I'm not sure if this is a new type of spam or not, it's the first time I've seen it.

Luckily it was one of our accounts we're in daily, so we spotted the "Your Ad Has Been Approved" message right away, and saw it definitely wasn't one of our clients.

So if you run Facebook ads, or your clients do, keep an eye out for Ad Approval emails, and login frequently to check for these schemes.

mborgelt

Local Search Expert
Hackers are certainly getting more inventive these days. Thanks for heads up, K8!

hisiblim

Forum Member
There are tons of information and websites that offer to hack Facebook account password, some claim to hack them using the "expertise" they gained in last X years , some claim to hack it using previously existing loopholes...

hisiblim

Forum Member
I think, however, that there is NO Facebook hacking software, no site or tool that can hack or crack Facebook.

hisiblim

Forum Member
but it's still possible by using Phishing, Keylogging, Social engineering, Cookie Stealing techniques, etc.