More threads by Don Archer

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the problem of attempting to leave a review of a business on Facebook, only to see the review post to your own personal Facebook profile feed? I've done this 3 times and each time the review does not end up on the business's reviews/recommendations page, instead it lands on my personal page. I've tried it with another person's profile, as I am admin to the page in question, and got the same result. It will not post to the business's reviews page on FB.

Are you sure you're posting it to the review/recommendation page?

Give the link and I'll try it.

You more than likely won't hear back from them at all.

If you end up not getting any help and can post the link, I can take a look.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, I believe you are right. FB support is horrible. I contacted FB Ad support over chat, concerning another topic, and took the occasion to ask about the topic of this thread, and was told it was a bug. They pointed me to a place where I could report it. I'll be happy to have you take a look. Thanks

I just left a review. I see it on the page. Can you check to see if you see it as well?

If so, we can rule out it being a page issue.

I really appreciate your help. I did see the review on the page. Did you leave the review using a desktop or laptop, or did you use your mobile phone? We see it happening when leaving a review with an Iphone.

When I went to this FB page, Scottsdale Tow Truck Company and left a review using my desktop iMac, the review showed up on their review page. I then deleted it and used my iPhone XR to leave a different review, it posted to my personal profile feed. See the screen shot attached.

A Screen shot of my personal profile feed.png

1. Double check the review you just posted in the video: is it ALSO posted on the business Facebook page?

2. Is this a FB page you manage? If not, it may be that reviews are placed into moderation by the admins before appearing live.

1. No, the review is not posting on the business's Facebook page, when posting from my iPhone. I checked on my phone and desktop (I edited that out) But, if I use my desktop, and post the same review to that business's FB page, the review shows up immediately on the Reviews Tab of the business's FB page.
2. No this is not a FB page I manage. I became aware of this because one of the pages that I admin reported this problem. One of his customers was experiencing the same thing I just demonstrated with the video.

Logic suggests that, if the admin for the Blancos FB business page required moderation before a review is posted, then moderation would be required for both mobile and desktop.

When you post a review via desktop are you logged into your personal FB account there?

I've found other odd differences between FB Desktop and FM Mobile App before.

Suggest you report it to FB.

Hey Don,

I used the desktop.

Are you using the app from mobile or just mobile browser ie Safari?

Maybe one of these days. But, as of 5-30-2020 their mobile App is still buggy.

Has anyone else had the problem of attempting to leave a review of a business on Facebook, only to see the review post to your own personal Facebook profile feed? I've done this 3 times and each time the review does not end up on the business's reviews/recommendations page, instead it lands on my personal page. I've tried it with another person's profile, as I am admin to the page in question, and got the same result. It will not post to the business's reviews page on FB.

Mine is doing exactly the same. Have you had a fix at all? I'm finding that even when people try to give review from laptop (desktop facebook) it just doesn't work.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom