More threads by thatfakelisting

Reaction score
I noticed this interesting pattern for this GMB

It's like there's an invisible line keeping the rankings within the University Area

This was a moving company, and Im pretty sure their GMB was verified within the University Years ago, it's a SAB now.

Anyone understand why it does that?

pattern.jpg

What's the query?
I had a similar case recently. The hard line is a municipal limit (the GBP is further to the northeast). The fascinating part is that the query is not explicitly geolocalised. (the query is "élagueur" if you're curious).
1712583476160.jpg

I see this all the time for queries with a city-name and the line is the physical borders of the city.

Yes, I'm used to that and I expect it. What stumps me is seeing it for my query that was not including a city name.
I believe I saw this recently as well. I'll post back here if I can find the example.

I noticed this interesting pattern for this GMB

It's like there's an invisible line keeping the rankings within the University Area

This was a moving company, and Im pretty sure their GMB was verified within the University Years ago, it's a SAB now.

Anyone understand why it does that?

Back to the original question, I'm trying to see if I can find a google area feature that matches these limits and I can't quite do it. It's not a match for the "campus" because the section north of Sullivan and west of Dan Allen is clearly excluded. This DOES match the northern limits of zip code 27606 but does not explain why the southern limit of reach is Western Boulevard...

My initial guess was that a zip code was assigned to the campus as a whole, but as it turns out Zip code 27695 appears to not match an actual territory in GMaps.

Here is one of the ones I saw recently. This is organic rankings (not local pack) for "furnace repair". The business is in Phoenix, and they don't rank outside the Phoenix city border at all (in blue).

1712665076035.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom