More threads by bstevens1022

bstevens1022

Reaction score
Recently I have created a GBP and I already have a site and am working to get them both ranked. The organic listing is making its way up but even though I have done a bunch of optimization to both the website and GBP, not only is the GBP not ranking, it's not even showing!
I have poured over the GBP but can't figure out why it's not showing. It is a SAB as well.

Thank you, Barry

How much detail can you share here so we can look into for you? Can you share a link to the GBP? The address used to verify?

And when you say " it's not showing" are you referring to a branded search? If not, what keyword?

Recently I have created a GBP and I already have a site and am working to get them both ranked. The organic listing is making its way up but even though I have done a bunch of optimization to both the website and GBP, not only is the GBP not ranking, it's not even showing!
I have poured over the GBP but can't figure out why it's not showing. It is a SAB as well.

Thank you, Barry

New SABs are sometimes hit by an inexplicable bug/penalty preventing from showing in the results (at least on desktop, I haven't tested what it looks like on mobile, probably something like Sterling Sky's example). If comparable or clearly inferior GBPs (e.g. with 1-5 reviews vs. 15+) are showing in priority despite the distance factor, that may be the problem. The only reliable fix I've found was to display the address.

To be exact when I tried to search on Google using the keyword "Concrete Contractors in Jacksonville Florida" My website shows up on the Organic result however Map wise my GBP is not showing up for whatever keywords I search for, however, my GBP was already ranking on the 17th spot before the November Google update. I checked to see if I was suspended and I can still access it using the GBP CID link: Concrete Jacksonville

New SABs are sometimes hit by an inexplicable bug/penalty preventing from showing in the results (at least on desktop, I haven't tested what it looks like on mobile, probably something like Sterling Sky's example). If comparable or clearly inferior GBPs (e.g. with 1-5 reviews vs. 15+) are showing in priority despite the distance factor, that may be the problem. The only reliable fix I've found was to display the address.

We did check mobile and its not showing there either. Adding the address will probably initiate another verification I'm guessing. If you have a moment and could look at my GBP just to see if anything should jump out I would be grateful. Thanks!

How much detail can you share here so we can look into for you? Can you share a link to the GBP? The address used to verify?

And when you say " it's not showing" are you referring to a branded search? If not, what keyword?

Colan, have you seen the post I sent with the information you had asked about? Im not sure if you're seeing what I responded with.
It's also been 4-5 days since I put up my first post and just as an update I still am not seeing my GBP with searching my keywords. Appreciate your feedback when you can. Thank you!

Colan, have you seen the post I sent with the information you had asked about? Im not sure if you're seeing what I responded with.
It's also been 4-5 days since I put up my first post and just as an update I still am not seeing my GBP with searching my keywords. Appreciate your feedback when you can. Thank you!

To be exact when I tried to search on Google using the keyword "Concrete Contractors in Jacksonville Florida" My website shows up on the Organic result however Map wise my GBP is not showing up for whatever keywords I search for, however, my GBP was already ranking on the 17th spot before the November Google update. I checked to see if I was suspended and I can still access it using the GBP CID link: Concrete Jacksonville

Now youre showing on the map.
Could help if you can get reviews to about 10.
Post some updates while youre at it.

Thank you for your response. I still am not finding it. There is a "Concrete Jacksonville FL" but mine still isn't showing up.

If you have not done so, include your services and products in your google profile.

While you're at it, include your social media links on your google business profile.

We did check mobile and its not showing there either. Adding the address will probably initiate another verification I'm guessing. If you have a moment and could look at my GBP just to see if anything should jump out I would be grateful. Thanks!

This may not be what you want to hear but... you have only two reviews in a fairly competitive vertical in a major metro area. I'm not surprised you might be very far from the top-20. You really need to start doing the basic legworks (ten reviews is the minimum, as documented by Sterling Sky) before you can try shooting for the stars.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom