More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
Are there any best practices other than the ones stated on the Google help page:

Make sure your videos meet the following requirements:
- Duration: Up to 30 seconds long
- File size: Up to 75 MB
- Resolution: 720p or higher

This is an example of a 17-second video I took with a drone in 4K (which should be about 11 MB/second) . . . I know what's allowed is always fluctuation so I uploaded to a location to try it out and it was accepted . . . but the quality looks like it was taken with a Quickcam from the late 90's:

I have customers who are trying to take some before & after videos of projects that have been completed for customers and the result is mostly video that you can't see details in.

Mostly they are using recent iPhones to take the videos, but in general are there any recommended general phone settings when taking videos to make sure that Google doesn't have to downscale video quality?

I think @whitespark or @AndySimpson might have some experience with this.

Thanks Colan, yes it's more about file size than the length of the video.

I've uploaded many videos for clients that are well over a minute in length, Darren did some testing on this, and here are his findings...

BUT, before you go out and film hours of video, upload and test a few videos first, keeping them under that magic 75 megabytes and see if they are all accepted and published live. If they are, come back and share your findings Brian.

There are no phone settings, just the quality of the video. Remember there's a chance your video could be watched by 1000s of people looking at your GBP profile.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom