More threads by ChristianRdz

ChristianRdz

Reaction score
Hello, until today I've never had issues with my GMB posts being rejected. Now it's happened twice and I don't really understand why. The first image was a simple graphic with a little bit of text (visible and the content was no provocative in anyway) and now the second rejected post contained the image below.

1580940684858.png

As you can see, I've ran it through this tool and I'm getting no indication that this is problematic. The post text itself is standard home service business stuff. Anyone have any insight on what's going on?

This is an ongoing issue at the moment with Google My Business. We're seeing an increase in posts on the GMB forums with this exact problem.

I haven't heard anything as of yet. As far as I know, the problem has been reported to Google (By @Yan Gilbert I believe).

Actually, @Colan Nielsen submitted the ticket. But yeah, a boat load of Posts rejection issues came in today. I submitted three Posts for different listings and they all went through though however. Hopefully we get an update shortly.

Does the image have meta? I uploaded one today that was immediately rejected (for no discernible reason). The business name was listed as the author and the comments section had some info in it. When I removed those, it uploaded just fine. Not sure if those are related or if the glitch just fixed itself - but it's something to look out for!

This happened to my clients as well. I find it does not happen with a clear, bright graphic. Something social media friendly. One client that likes to post phone photos has them show up in the photo section but they are repeatedly now rejected in GMB Posts.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom