More threads by sweta

sweta

Reaction score
Hi,

I have 6 product categories and I want to delete and update the product category. Is there any option to delete or rename the product category?
and why does it only show 4 categories?
Can anyone help me to get this?

Solution
@sweta, you seem to have answered your own question. The "Explore Categories" is being pulled from the info that you are providing in your GBP, specifically the Products you manually created. If you don't want that section to show or to be named differently, you'll need to either delete the Product with that same name, or rename the Product to the name/description you want shown. If you are wanting different Products to show up in the "Explore Categories", I don't know of a way to influence Google to do that other than possibly to remove the unwanted Products Names so you are only left with the four you would like to show up under Explore Categories.
Categories only show up on the GBP when there is at least one unique product in them.

I have never come across a way to remove or edit an existing category, just add new ones, but as long as there are no products in the category it won't be seen on the public GBP.

Hi @sweta, is it possible for you to share the business name and/or a screenshot of your GMB/GBP?

yes @JeffClevelandTN it is RGC Digital Marketing. I want to change these categories. which is coming from the product category.
Thank you.
1700445389889.png

@sweta, you seem to have answered your own question. The "Explore Categories" is being pulled from the info that you are providing in your GBP, specifically the Products you manually created. If you don't want that section to show or to be named differently, you'll need to either delete the Product with that same name, or rename the Product to the name/description you want shown. If you are wanting different Products to show up in the "Explore Categories", I don't know of a way to influence Google to do that other than possibly to remove the unwanted Products Names so you are only left with the four you would like to show up under Explore Categories.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom