More threads by nwinezog

nwinezog

Reaction score
A client of mine has added 25 questions and answers to their ~100 listings about 3 weeks ago. Most listings are showing 3 or so of the questions while some aren't showing any at all. However, in the GMB dashboard, they are able to see all of the Q&A's.

Anyone have any trouble with this previously and what the issue may be?

Last edited:
Q&As don't show up in the GMB dashboard. Are you just saying you see them when logged in and are looking at their Knowledge Panel?

@nwinezog When did they post these? We had the same issue for a lot of our stores. Many of our questions posted between January 2018 and April 2018 went "missing". They're only visible to us, when we're logged in to the account which posted the questions and viewing the store's listing, and they don't reflect in the total count of Q&As listed on the location.

Looks like they posted about a month ago. That's so strange! I wish they were more clear on why this would be happening.

Do you mind posting the text of one of them? There is possibly something in it that's causing it to be filtered.

Sure thing!

Here's one:

Do you take old, broken electronics?

We sure do. We come to your house to remove any sort of e-waste materials or electronics, so you don’t have to worry about it. Then, we make sure to recycle it properly or donate them to a local charity if we find them to be in working condition.

I'm not seeing anything specific about that example that would make it get filtered.

There appears to be a timing filter in play. If you rapid fire post questions and reply to them right away, Google may be filtering them out. Google My Business Gold Product Expert Krystal Taing suggests to post one question, wait a minute and then answer it. Wait another minute and ask your next question and repeat.

Last edited:
I am curious when were the questions and answers posted? I.e. a few months ago and where the questions all posted and answers at the same time?

There is a best practice we use with Q&A. Post a question, wait 45 seconds, check in incognito. Post the answer, wait 45 seconds check in incognito. If, the Q or the A do not show wait till they do, then move onto the next. (Hint do this with Posts too)

I checked a ton of our profiles and none of our Q&A are missing.

Hope that helps.

Hi, I've been searching information about the advantages of the Q&A practice.
What advantages have you found? Like it helps for the SEO? Does it help for adding keywords?

TIA

@Belen C They can certainly help improve conversions. Also, clicks in the knowledge panel (to Q&A, photos, etc.) are an engagement signal and I suspect Google uses those in some way.

I am curious when were the questions and answers posted? I.e. a few months ago and where the questions all posted and answers at the same time?

The Q&A's were posted about 3 months ago, and most likely were posted rapid-fire style.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom