More threads by beisbol16

beisbol16

Solutions
Reaction score
I just realized something about gmb…. When a customer calls me from the map pack the number they see in their outbound call list isn’t my actual business number?? I assume it’s a Google virtual number. I didn’t realize this, but it’s hugely important to know … because this happens often….

1. Customer calls
2. I pick up but I’m working, so I kindly ask them to text me their address to get the ball rolling
3. I never get a text from them

Well now I know why. They are texting the outbound call number that they used to dial me, which doesn’t send the text to me.

This is unbelievable to me. Why wouldn’t they just have the potential customer dial directly to my actual number?? Also, I assume some customers save the number they dialed as my contact, and then when I call them back on my actual number they don’t know who it is.

Isn’t this a major flaw w the map pack listings??

Click Calls in the dashboard:

Click the three dots @ top right then Calls settings:

Move the slider to the left from the checkmark to the greyed-out do not enter sign:

You will still see the number of calls that get initiated from clicking the call button in the profile in the Performance Reports, you just won't see the call details (phone number, length of call etc) in the Calls section.

Click Calls in the dashboard:

Click the three dots @ top right then Calls settings:

Move the slider to the left from the checkmark to the greyed-out do not enter sign:

You will still see the number of calls that get initiated from clicking the call button in the profile in the Performance Reports, you just won't see the call details (phone number, length of call etc) in the Calls section.

Awesome. So this will make it so when they click the phone icon the call will go to my reg biz number

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom