More threads by paulmurphy62

paulmurphy62

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new here, and I am looking forward to communicating with like-minded fellow SEO workers.

This is my first post, and it's about a top-of-map pack ranking question that doesn't make sense to me.

I am looking at a general search I did for 'motor mechanic near me', and the top of the map pack has a listing that has a poorly optimised GBP page (9 reviews). It's ranking above two other listings that have websites and GBPs ( 47 and 80 reviews, respectively) that are optimised more than the top listing. The top listing doesn't have business operation/opening/closing hours, and I am just wondering if this is due to the day of the search being a Sunday and because the top listing doesn't have opening hours, Google is showing me the nearest listing that Google assumes is open. The Barwon Automotive is actually 100 metres further away from my search location than the 2nd listings.

I look forward to any answers that can answer this anomaly.

1696125036738.jpg

Geographical distance. Judging by the map, that is the closest GBP to your location. It's still in the threepack for a search made from canada for "motor mechanic south geelong", so it may well be that it's a very old GBP. Age provides some significant staying powers in google maps.

Geographical distance. Judging by the map, that is the closest GBP to your location. It's still in the threepack for a search made from canada for "motor mechanic south geelong", so it may well be that it's a very old GBP. Age provides some significant staying powers in google maps.

Hi JS Girard,
Thank you for your information and for looking into this issue. I believe you are correct, as I do know of another GBP listing a former client of mine has, and he has only listed this GBP as Shopfitters Melbourne Australia. It's at the top of the list and has been for a long time. He hasn't optimised it, but in saying that it is a Shopfitting company, and there are not many Shopfitting companies set up in the CBD of Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom