More threads by Seo Guru

Seo Guru

Reaction score
Google just changed their rules for GMB posts: If you are a chain, you can now mass post to all your Google My Business locations using a GMB post scheduling tool.

Source: Create Posts on Google | Google My Business API | Google Developers

From link above:

Note: In response to coronavirus (COVID-19), chains may now create Posts via the API for a limited time. Posts made by Chains should be related to business updates relevant to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Yes!
But it does not apply to hotel chains, unfortunately...
May be soon?

Unfortunately, it won't be coming to hotels.

That's sad to hear... Do you know if hotels will be able to edit their own business description?

Also, we are reviewing all of our hotel listings. We have a client that has hotels that close at the end of the season, every year, from April to October. I've noticed that they have used the "Opening Date" field to mark the date that the hotel will open again for the season.

Iberostar_Albufera_Playa_-_Business_Info.png

Could you confirm that this is not what we should be doing? Also, would it have an impact on the visibility of the location?

I'm seeing huge drops on Views on Maps around the dates that the hotels were marked with the "opening date"

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 14.01.05.png

And one last question... The dates of the hotels are all set to open in the coming weeks (April/May). Should we change them, taking into account the current situation? Should we leave them and mark them as temporarily closed when it is the "opening day"?

I hope I have been clear enough...

Thank you in advance Joy!

Last edited:
If the business is listed as opening in the future, it doesn't actually show up on Google Maps so that would be why the views dropped sharply (more on that here in my training). I would not suggest using this to indicate the business is closed due to COVID-19. I'd use the temporarily closed label instead.

I haven't heard of any changes coming to the features that hotels are able to utilize.

If the business is listed as opening in the future, it doesn't actually show up on Google Maps so that would be why the views dropped sharply (more on that here in my training). I would not suggest using this to indicate the business is closed due to COVID-19. I'd use the temporarily closed label instead.

I haven't heard of any changes coming to the features that hotels are able to utilize.

Thank very much @JoyHawkins.

I'll start changing the opening year dates.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom