More threads by creekmoremarketing

Solutions
Reaction score
Looking into our company's GBP this morning, we are unable to view Call History on the back end of GBP. Has this feature been removed? We are trying to further attribute where calls to our company came from and removing the call history feature is making it difficult.

Solution
Okay, just got confirmation that this is a feature Google got rid of. I'm going to DM you to get some details because I asked Google how the heck people turn it off and they asked for examples.

Bummer! Of all the metrics (?) that Insights provides, this was perhaps the most useful. The rest, highly suspect as you pointed out recently about the "Request for direction" on Sterling Sky's profile. It's your home. You don't have an address posted (as I recall from your post). Yet it still showed a number of "Actions" requesting directions.

In my client's cases, no one turned "off" this feature. It just disappeared about a week ago.

At first I thought it could be a YMYL thing. I first noticed it on the Insights for a...
I'm pretty sure we're having the exact same problem. Client has the call button on their profile but it's routing to a wrong/disconnected number that is not their number. There's no way to fix the call button number. I've sent a GBP support ticket but other than we can't figure out what to do.
1689368080580.jpg

I'm not sure, but if it's not showing something like this on mobile, you have a different problem. It may be the locked number bug.

1689368080580.jpg

I'm not sure, but if it's not showing something like this on mobile, you have a different problem. It may be the locked number bug.

I will research the "locked number bug" -- but this is what we're seeing/having a problem with: the call button calls a different number than the actual number/what's in the GBP dashboard. There's no where to see the calls/settings and no way to correct the wrong number

1689371321945.jpg

I haven't seen this particular presentation (we didn't to look at the carousel when examining the problem profile...), but the fact you get a "calls" card (this IS the call-tracking feature!) tells me you have the exact same problem as I did. I went and sherlock-holmes'd my way to the profile to check on mobile and I can confirm it shows EXACTLY the same as our example. Include a mobile screenshot displaying both numbers when you send your ticket request. That's what I did.

I haven't seen this particular presentation (we didn't to look at the carousel when examining the problem profile...), but the fact you get a "calls" card (this IS the call-tracking feature!) tells me you have the exact same problem as I did. I went and sherlock-holmes'd my way to the profile to check on mobile and I can confirm it shows EXACTLY the same as our example. Include a mobile screenshot displaying both numbers when you send your ticket request. That's what I did.

I did not get any solid feedback from support — BUT checked client's profile this morning and the call button is ported to a different number than it was last week and it goes through to the client. Still unable to access settings/turn off forwarding but at least they're able to get the calls at this time.

I did not get any solid feedback from support — BUT checked client's profile this morning and the call button is ported to a different number than it was last week and it goes through to the client. Still unable to access settings/turn off forwarding but at least they're able to get the calls at this time.

You may have to do the explaining in excruciating details. Support is often slow to understand when a problem doesn't fit the easy standard boxes.

Also keep in mind NO HUMAN READS YOUR INITIAL TICKET. You always get a canned response at first. So repeat your explanation and include the screenshot again. That should get you an actual human response.

I originally had call tracking enabled for my agency, even though that option is no longer available in GBP reporting, the tracking number that was enabled by Google to originally make it work is still active. The number is still forwarded correctly, but I would assume that eventually those tracking numbers will be decommissioned.

You can double-check it by going to a GBP on a mobile device, tapping on the Call button and seeing what phone number comes up in the dialer.

Mine was incorrect.

I went into Business Profile Settings >> Advanced Settings & activated the “Don’t show” slider in the Phone number section (there is no save option I just closed the Advanced settings dialog box and it was applied):

2023-09-10_19-36-37

It took about 2 hours before I saw it removed from the profile (YMMV).

After it was removed, I simply went back to that same setting and set it back to the deactivate position:

2023-09-10_19-38-11

I then went back into the phone number section, which was now showing as blank and added the phone number back in.

After about 15 minutes, the phone number was showing on the profile again, but when I went into an incognito window and selected the call button, that original tracking number was back.

I submitted a detailed explanation and screencast showing that the dialer uses a tracking number that is not associated with my GBP from my end.

Does it make more sense for me to post this as a new thread @JoyHawkins ?

I didn't check my dashboard afterward I realized it was definitely there this time:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom