More threads by ViewEH

ViewEH

Reaction score
Hello,

We are experiencing an issue among some of the Google Street View photos that we upload for businesses. As you can see in the picture, there is a straight line that divides up the image with two different exposures.

Does anyone know why this appears?

We edit all our panoramas in Lightroom before we publish them. My second question is if anyone know a better way to edit the pictures before publishing them?

Hello ViewEH,

I got some problems like yours when I edit pictures on Photoshop. I use panoskin, its for virtual tours, I guess the picture you posted is a 360º, I would recommend you upload that photograph without editing and check if the problem persists. By the way if you are trusted google photographer you can report it in the private Google forum.

Hello ViewEH,

I got some problems like yours when I edit pictures on Photoshop. I use panoskin, its for virtual tours, I guess the picture you posted is a 360º, I would recommend you upload that photograph without editing and check if the problem persists. By the way if you are trusted google photographer you can report it in the private Google forum.
Hello ViewEH,

Reporting this issue in the Street View Forum won't do anything. If you are a trusted pro photographer, you should be handling this directly with your publishing API platform of choice (i.e. GoThru or Pano2VR, etc) so that you can re-upload the image once fixed. The way I recommend is to make sure that you fix the image first and then ensure that you rename it the exact same name as the pano you're replacing and ensure it is reconnected in exactly the same place and way. If you do use GoThru, this process is very easy.

Again, never use any image post processing software on your images once stitched. All your edits have to be done either before or during stitching or in such a way that the edits do not touch any of the image borders.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom