Google suspends reviews and Q&A for Covid-19

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
I just wanted to give you a heads up that currently no reviews can be posted or responded to on Google. We're waiting for messaging from Google regarding this to see how long this will be in effect. In the meantime, I would suggest not asking people to leave reviews until it starts working again. We'll let you know when we hear back.

1584732957793.png

Greg Gifford

LocalU Faculty
while I get it - it's likely that there will be tons of negative reviews for businesses that aren't true indicators of that business in normal times - it sucks they're stopping Q&A - there's a TON of value in letting business owners seed questions about how they're handling things and if they're still open or not... so kinda disappointing that they pulled that too

keyserholiday

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Google is completely overreacting. They appear to be in full lockdown mode, temporarily closed for business and not stopping reviews and removing Q&A. I am not sure what’s driving their decisions. I’d love to know.

George Jones

So the Q&A doesn't even appear in the Knowledge Panel anymore, either on mobile or desktop. However, Posts are still relatively quick to go live. They can be a great way for businesses to communicate their Covid -19 response to their communities.
I wanted to share some generic posts "shells" that I have designed for my clients. All you have to do is add your logo to them. I hope they can help local businesses during this challenging time.

C19RK_Doggy_V2.png

C19RK_Kitty_V2.png

C19RK_SFH.png

C19RK_SFH_v2.png

C19RK_Sleeping.png

AnnGuarantee

Just had my first post rejected...one I have used many times before. It's for a mortgage company, so not sure if it's rejecting due to the Covid crisis or what. Posted on 8 other clients pages for clients just fine, this is only one rejected.

TrailBlazerWA

Any info on if the reviews that are being posted now will eventually show up after the GMB team is back to work? Or are the reviews lost forever?

I see that if I post a review somewhere it shows up under my own account that I posted it, however it's not visible to the business or the public.

NickB-Tampa

Google is completely overreacting. They appear to be in full lockdown mode, temporarily closed for business and not stopping reviews and removing Q&A. I am not sure what’s driving their decisions. I’d love to know.
They are short-staffed due to safety measures the company has taken.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local University Guide

Google Product Exert