More threads by djbaxter

djbaxter

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Google Introduces WordPress Plugin With Integrated Analytics, Search Console, More
Matt Southern, Search Engine Journal
December 11, 2018

Google has introduced a new WordPress plugin which brings insights from Google tools to users’ dashboards.

Site Kit by Google allows users to access information in Search Console, Analytics, AdSense, and PageSpeed Insights from the WordPress admin panel.

“With Site Kit installed, WordPress users can access unified insights and Google product capabilities directly from the WordPress admin panel. Where it is helpful, Site Kit will also provide deep links into Google products for advanced reports and product configuration capabilities.”​
Google will release Site Kit to beta testers in early 2019. Those who are interested in the plugin can sign up for the beta version here.

Read more...

Thanks, @djbaxter.

I'm surprised it doesn't (appear to) tie in with AdWords or GMB in any way. That would be more useful to more business owners than AdSense reporting, which has always been pretty straightforward anyway.

The big draw for a plugin like this is whatever information Google decides to include is all accessible right from the WordPress Dashboard. And of course exactly what information will be included remains to be seem; Google may change that as time goes on.

Yes, but there already are GA-in-WP plugins (the usefulness of which can be debated). As you said, it's a start, and Google probably will add to the plugin over time.

I think people do find GA in dashboard useful and I can see adding PageSpeed and Console useful for sure. Anyone running AdSense will probably like that addition too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom