More threads by Marcin Karwowski

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi

In the Product Experts Program, each level above bronze must be approved individually by the Community Manager.

You also have to work for a very long time to advance to the next levels.
There are a lot of experts on this forum with unique knowledge, including Product Experts on Google forums. e.g. @JoyHawkins @BenFisher @mblumenthal

In your opinion, how long will it take for Community Managers to approve subsequent levels?

It's drastically changed since I first joined. It's now based on points and activity and no longer about being an expert. Several people have leveled up, who shouldn't. There is no way to say how long upgrading will take. I remember this commercial from my youth, and it perfectly answers your question.

It's drastically changed since I first joined. It's now based on points and activity and no longer about being an expert. Several people have leveled up, who shouldn't. There is no way to say how long upgrading will take. I remember this commercial from my youth, and it perfectly answers your question.

This is very true. Everything is now focused on points and nothing else. Managers also do not go beyond the forum to verify people who become experts.
That's probably why a substitute for checking whether a given person is just spamming, copying and pasting, or actually trying to understand the user's problem and help him was created, and managers manually assign subsequent levels.

I just wonder what it looks like now. Many forums, including Google forums, are starting to appear more often in SERPs, more users are finding them. Do community managers vet experts, do they do it thoroughly, and how long does it take them?

This is very true. Everything is now focused on points and nothing else. Managers also do not go beyond the forum to verify people who become experts.
That's probably why a substitute for checking whether a given person is just spamming, copying and pasting, or actually trying to understand the user's problem and help him was created, and managers manually assign subsequent levels.

I just wonder what it looks like now. Many forums, including Google forums, are starting to appear more often in SERPs, more users are finding them. Do community managers vet experts, do they do it thoroughly, and how long does it take them?

I am not free to say, even though I am not in the program. It would violate my NDA. I upset Google, but for the greater good, not looking to get sued.

I don’t have insight into the specifics but it seems to take a number of months after a level is reached (like 6-9) before the designation of a new level is made.

They are looking for people who do a great job of answering users questions and who also plan on committing time consistently after getting promoted. So it's basically a lifetime commitment, even if you do manage to get in. I've been in the program since 2012 and it took a year and a half of consistent posting.

I don’t have insight into the specifics but it seems to take a number of months after a level is reached (like 6-9) before the designation of a new level is made.

Thank you @mblumenthal
You mean that if someone has achieved the appropriate points for the gold level, it will be approved after a few months?

Ps. The PE program, from what I see, only has 5 levels.
Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-18 203826.jpg

Thank you @mblumenthal
You mean that if someone has achieved the appropriate points for the gold level, it will be approved after a few months?

Ps. The PE program, from what I see, only has 5 levels.
Zrzut ekranu 2024-02-18 203826.jpg

Bronze is automatically granted. Once you are marked as a silver, you get some perks. Once you hit Gold, you must sign an NDA and will be privy to much information. Platinum and Diamond are worthless, except you will always get invited to events. I have never seen much difference between Platinum and Diamond, except for bragging rights.

Bronze is automatically granted. Once you are marked as a silver, you get some perks. Once you hit Gold, you must sign an NDA and will be privy to much information. Platinum and Diamond are worthless, except you will always get invited to events. I have never seen much difference between Platinum and Diamond, except for bragging rights.

Thank you for this additional information. Not everything is clearly described in Google's guidelines.
Although I'm still wondering, but it may take a while to get silver or gold approved after earning points.

I was accepted and am a Bronze member (real newbie), but I have been around GBPs for a long time and have been doing SEO since, well, before we called it SEO (early 90s). It been an interesting ride to say the least.

I decided to jump in to the Google Business Profile Community because I think that there are definitely people that I can assist. I also have the time to do it, so I was curious if anyone who was a PE would be interested in mentoring me a little. Let me know what I need to know.

I also have a few questions myself and would love a few minutes to speak to someone and better myself so that I can provide a better level of assistance to those who might not have as much knowledge or are more concerned with running a business but need help with a problem concerning their GBP.

If there are any takers, please reach out and let me know! I am anxiously

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom