Help Removing Google+ Local Images

russofford

Forum Member
Can anyone offer some advise as to how to get rid of the photos in this G+ Local page?

I tried to removed the photos from the Google Places Dashboard, but the photos persist in the G+ Local listing.

The listing in question is this one.

Linda Buquet

Hi Russ,

You posted in someone else's old thread so I moved your post to a new thread.

Q? What dash do they have? Old or new?

1) How long ago did you remove? There is a 6 week delay for new images to go live, so I wonder if removing them are also delayed?

2) Do categories and description in dash exactly match what's on live listing?

russofford

Forum Member
Q? What dash do they have? Old or new?

1) How long ago did you remove? There is a 6 week delay for new images to go live, so I wonder if removing them are also delayed?

2) Do categories and description in dash exactly match what's on live listing?
- they have the old dashboard

- I deleted the photos from the dashboard around Sept 2, 2013, so it has been 1 month so far

- category and description do match, exactly, but the sub-categories from the dashboard don't appear on the G+ Local listing

- the address is different in the dashboard and the G+ Local page (pulling from the GMM POI instead)

G+ Local: 12645 W Burleigh Rd #14, Brookfield, WI 53005‎ (uses #14)
GMM POI: 12645 W Burleigh Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005‎ (no suite #)
Dashboard: 12645 W Burleigh Road, Ste 14, Brookfield WI 53005-3102 (uses Ste 14)

Side question... Should I update GMM to use Ste 14 instead of no suite? Perhaps that will help the G+ Local listing to have the same suite # format.

Russ

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Actually,

What is weird is that the GMM POI shows the suite '# 14' but when you go to edit it, there is no suite # in the input fields.

It seems like the info was pulled in from somewhere somehow.

Perhaps if I add the Ste 14, it may override the old info.

Russ

---------- Post Merged at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Actually (#2)...

I noticed that the street name in the drop down box wasn't using the 'full' version... so I choose that option from the drop down and added the Ste 14 in the'Address Line' section while I was at it.

We'll see what happens, I guess. :)

Linda Buquet

"category and description do match, exactly, but the sub-categories from the dashboard don't appear on the G+ Local listing"

They never all show. You need to hit edit details next to address. Sorry, thought you knew that. Can you check there and see if they match dash?

I would not worry about Suite format. Google will format how she wants. I personally don't think she likes the Ste abbreviation and that's why I say in training not to use it. BUT if it's already in dash I would not change it.

I also would not mess with adding suite in MM. If you do here is the address you will get.

#14 12645 W Burleigh Rd, Brookfield, WI 53005

MM puts Suite in front of street. You don't want that.