More threads by Inamsay

Inamsay

Reaction score
Hello

For months I have been having the problem, in one of my businesses in Google My Business, the name appears duplicated like this, example: Services Example (Services Florida Example)

google mb 01.jpg

According to what you find on internet, It is something about the language of the user has when browsing on Google. For example, if I have it in Spanish, the original name is fine, but if I have it in English, two name appear, but it is incorrect. I tried to change it using the Suggest an edit option, but in the end the system tells me: Your edit couldn't be verified, so it won't be published

google mb 02.jpg

google mb 03.jpg

Solution
Your English and (presumably) Spanish names are different. See this thread for a discussion of how to fix this.

HOWEVER, I note that the English name is in allcaps. This combined with the fact it did not change alongside the Spanish name means there is a high likelihood that this name is affected by the allcaps bug. This bug occurs only with names that start with a sequence of multiple capital letters (I've seen it with as few as three). When you are affected by this bug, Google sends you emails telling you your suggestion has been accepted(1)... and then nothing actually changes. If that is the case, you must go through Google Support to get it fixed.

(1) This is not the "thank for editing X" email btw, I am talking...
Your English and (presumably) Spanish names are different. See this thread for a discussion of how to fix this.

HOWEVER, I note that the English name is in allcaps. This combined with the fact it did not change alongside the Spanish name means there is a high likelihood that this name is affected by the allcaps bug. This bug occurs only with names that start with a sequence of multiple capital letters (I've seen it with as few as three). When you are affected by this bug, Google sends you emails telling you your suggestion has been accepted(1)... and then nothing actually changes. If that is the case, you must go through Google Support to get it fixed.

(1) This is not the "thank for editing X" email btw, I am talking about a separate explicit confirmation email that is sent later. It reads "Published: Your edit to X".

Solution

(1) This is not the "thank for editing X" email btw, I am talking about a separate explicit confirmation email that is sent later. It reads "Published: Your edit to X".

Thank you for the information. Today I'm going to try all that to see how it goes, if not I'll contact Google Support. I'll tell you if I could fix it.

Hello. I confirm, I was able to solve the problem. I ended up talking to Google My Business Support and after an hour with them in chat, I can fix it.

@JS Girard thanks for your help ✌🏻

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom