More threads by Steph H

Steph H

Reaction score
Hi there,

Wondering if there's a trick to getting a connection setup between a dns verified domain in search console, and it's Google Analytics account? It doesn't show up as an option in the list when I try...

Thank you,

Steph H

Not that I know of. But I'm interested to find out, if possible.

1. Do you have admin-level permissions for each property (GA and GSC)?
2. Are they in the same Google account?
3. Why did you verify GSC with DNS configuration, and not with another method?

To what Phil said, you need the right permissions for the linking options to show up. Check that you have ownership over the GSC account (not full or partial access) and the ability to edit/manage at the property level. If you don't have ownership of GSC, then you either need someone to delegate ownership access or have the owner link the accounts.

Not that I know of. But I'm interested to find out, if possible.

1. Do you have admin-level permissions for each property (GA and GSC)?
2. Are they in the same Google account?
3. Why did you verify GSC with DNS configuration, and not with another method?
In the new version of Search Console they recommend the one domain dns verification. So I did that. To get the property to show up in Google Analytics to link, I just also verified the https property in GSC. Pretty ridiculous, but I guess GA isn't quite synced w/ the new GSC yet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom