More threads by JrussellDAS

JrussellDAS

Reaction score
I'm seeing a huge increase in Directions from about half our stores on the 17th and 18th of January 2024. Is anyone else seeing this? I'm surprised after reading this article that talks about a reduction in directions. Google Business Profiles Performance Report To Show Fewer Driving Directions. Perhaps it's bot activity.

1706115965865.jpg

Google has added new verbiage to Performance page... "and a lower number of people who have viewed your business.

New message states: Starting in January 2024, you might see fewer direction requests and a lower number of people who have viewed your business. This is because Google is making updates to better protect people's privacy and give you more accurate results.

1707415047311.jpg

I suspect Google is taking some external platform (Waze, or a third party that using the Google Location Cloud) data into account. Could be a few platform by the size of the peaks I am seeing, so perhaps it is all third parties that use Google Maps to power their app/platform/software?

I'm also seeing a drop off to zero after the spike (and for stores without the spike). It must be related to Google's actions mentioned in the article (both the spike activity and complete loss of directions actions). Some of the stores are seeing activity up to the 22nd give or take a day. I'm interested to see if this continues and insights into directions activity are gone permanently. This also will skew our KPIs across the board (both the spike and the complete loss).

1706121456210.png

1706121476936.jpg

Your KPIs are dynamic based upon the stats? How does that work, just curious. Thanks.

I suspect Google is taking some external platform (Waze, or a third party that using the Google Location Cloud) data into account. Could be a few platform by the size of the peaks I am seeing, so perhaps it is all third parties that use Google Maps to power their app/platform/software?

I stand corrected: .

It seems that all of our clients map direction requests have dropped to zero on the 29th Feb and no data since. Is anyone else seeing this?

Screenshot (144).jpg

Screenshot (145).jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom