Local search engine market share?

Can anyone point me to data showing local search engine market share? By "market share" I mean the number of searches done in Google Maps vs Bing Maps vs Yelp and so on. Thanks!

Joy, thanks for reply. I'm looking for market shares of local search engines - Google Maps, Bing Maps, Yelp, yp.com, etc. Thanks!

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Wow, that is way higher than a lot of other studies I have seen. Are you pretty confident in that tool, Joy?

Interesting data in that article, Rich. It's helpful that market share for Google Maps was included. I am still looking for market share data for Bing Maps, Yelp, and any other significant players in the local search arena.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Google is a near-monopoly, with more than 90% of web search volume
by Rand Fishkin, SparkToro
October 16, 2018

Myth: 65% of Web Searches Happen on Google
Reality: Google is a near-monopoly, with more than 90% of web search volume

No one has a vested interest in sharing real data about Google’s market share. For Google, putting this data on display could subject them to further scrutiny by the FTC as a monopoly. For Microsoft, the numbers are embarrassing, and could cause investors or onlookers to question their ability to compete. But as any savvy marketer with access to their website’s analytics knows, Google sends the overwhelming majority of search traffic.
proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.sparktoro.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F10%2Fjs-search-us-09-2018-pie800px.gif&hash=2350e81ed57f83d60e56950bc3ee3213

Read more...

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Wow, great find Rich! When studies would come out saying that Google had around 70% I would look at our own traffic and it just didn't add up. I chalked it up to difference in ranking across the search engines but the above falls much more in line with what I've seen on GA.

The revelation of Google image search is fascinating as well.

Sorry for hijacking your thread @PaulSteinbrueck. Hopefully someone has something they can share on that front!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
I was actually about to come share that link here so thanks for beating me to it Rich :D

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google top contributor

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group